Abbeville Alabama 1910

Abbeville Alabama 1910

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Remembering the unknown

I was sitting here thinking about who to write about next and I'm looking around the room and I see all the photos that I have from my paternal grandparents.   In these albums are photos of some family friends and even some photos with no names.  So I decided to share some of their photos...1.  Just to honor them and...2.  In the hopes that maybe someone may recognize them and they can find their way home..   I also do it, because I have ancestors that I have no photos of and would like to someday be able to view their photos. 
Some of these photos could be from the West Virginia or Philadelphia area.  The news clips are from a West Virginia paper around the late 1920's early 1930's.  (More photos to come in a future blog!)

The name Ruby was on this photo in the book
.

23 comments:

  1. Hope they find their way home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied a while ago but it doesn't look like it went directly to you so I'm just replying again. Thank you Sonia, I hope so too....I have more to come.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Sonia, I hope so too....I have more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images & interesting articles! Thank you for sharing and hopefully their story will make its way to the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dante!! I hope they do. I know how excited I get whenever I get new photos of family.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing! Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful way to pay homage Monique! Damballah (unknown) Ancestors always hold a place of deep reverence in our culture. I often post my Unknown Ancestor images in the same fashion!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Luckie!! Yes, they do and I'm glad I could honor them in some way

      Delete
  6. Monique, what a great way to show your photos and also expose the photos of those you don't know, I hope someone sees them and will come forward and claim them. Love your idea. Thank you I really enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you put these out! the last one I loved and the Colored Preacher Dead.Rev Craven, Would love to know more about him and Harper's Ferry. Protect and Cherish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wonder if I could find out more, that's an idea. Thank you True

      Delete
  8. Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing them. They have a home somewhere, hopefully someone will see them and find a connection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am doing a post like this today on my Orphan Photo blog. I love old photos and I try to rescue unknowns and put them out to the world. You have some wonderful photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Yvette, yes, I really loved your post with your photos!!

    ReplyDelete